June 22, 2018
Beethoven Rondo Op. 51, No. 2
June 24, 2018
June 24, 2018
As a follow-up to the critically acclaimed CD Crossing Borders, Luke Welch will be returning to the recording studio later this year for his highly anticipated new album. In contrast to the last disc which included keyboard sonatas by Domenico Scarlatti, this album will feature a variety of composers and musical genres ranging from classical to romantic. FULL STORY.
May 10, 2018
There was a time when Luke Welch couldn't play the piano and he struggled to open a door and even put on his clothes. FULL STORY (external link).
The 2018 Harry Jerome Awards took place at the International Centre in Mississauga, Canada and among the sixteen winners of this prestigious distinction - as announced by the Black Business and Professional Association - Luke Welch has been selected the winner for the Arts category. FULL STORY.
Crossing Borders - a collection keyboard sonatas of Domenico Scarlatti - is available now. This recording features:
1. Keyboard Sonata in E Major, L. 430/K. 531
2. Keyboard Sonata in G Major, L. 349/K. 146
3. Keyboard Sonata in F Minor, L. 118/K. 466
4. Keyboard Sonata in B Minor, L. 449/K. 27
5. Keyboard Sonata in D Major, L. 418/K. 443
6. Keyboard Sonata in B Minor, L. 147/K. 197
7. Keyboard Sonata in C Major, L. 457/K. 132
8. Keyboard Sonata in E Major, L. 23/K. 380